img.latex_eq { padding: 0; margin: 0; border: 0; }

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Here We Go Again

Second verse, same as the first. Almost. This semester, I only have one new professor. The other classes are continuations of last Fall. In a way, that's good, since I know exactly what to expect. I would like a bit more variety, though. I think USM might be too small for that kind of diversity. The Physics Dept only has three professors, if that gives you any idea.

Speaking of physics, my professor walked into class yesterday with a cast on his right arm. Evidently, he had attempted to close a window in his office on Monday and fell, breaking the bone fairly dramatically. He is being forced to revamp his teaching style, since he can't really write on the board very well. I am attempting to turn his misfortune into my advantage by offering to be a pseudo-TA. I would help prepare class materials (handouts,slides, etc.) and gain valuable experience in exchange, and maybe even some work study money. It's still up in the air right now, but I'm hopeful.

In other news, as of about 4pm, I should be the proud owner of a new Dell notebook. AmongHopefully, this should make it easier for me to keep up with my blogging. Perhaps I'll even toss in a vlog or two.

No comments: