img.latex_eq { padding: 0; margin: 0; border: 0; }

Monday, February 12, 2007

Inaugural Address

It's amazing how much pressure a blank page can represent. Fortunately, I have two sentences under my belt as of this period.


As you may have guessed, this is the first post of my very first blog. Like everyone else, I expect to learn as I go. But I thought it important to lay the foundation for what this will one day become. I have a lot of things to say about a lot of subjects, but I think it best to narrow things down a bit. So to that end, Pencils Down will be devoted to the condition of public education in the US with an emphasis on Math and Science.


I will admit to being a layperson when it comes to this topic. Other than having attended grades K-12 as a student, I have no authority whatsoever. But I intend to change that, and this blog is the first step of my journey. I will return to college in the Fall in the hopes of becoming a Math/Physics teacher.
As I continue to learn and grow, I will use this forum to post queries and observations on the subject of education. Hopefully, I won't just be talking to myself.

No comments: