img.latex_eq { padding: 0; margin: 0; border: 0; }

Friday, April 27, 2007

Ground Control to Major Hawking

Stephen "MC" Hawking, that theoretical physicist and rhymer extraordinaire, is safely back on Earth after experiencing a total of eight zero-g dives on the Vomit Comet yesterday. I was a little worried about him, I must admit. He's getting pretty old for a sufferer of Lou Gehrig's disease, and I was afraid that this was his way of riding off into the sunset. I'm glad to have him back with us.

In unrelated news, I have tentatively formulated a loose course schedule for finishing my BA in Math in two years. I tossed in a minor in Physics just for fun. I'm starting off slowly with a lot of review. I may talk a big game here, but it's been over a decade since I even looked at a limit on paper. Even though I have credit through Calc III, I would just as soon retake it all. So without further ado, here it is:

Fall 2007: Calculus A
Structured Problem Solving (Java)
SPS Lab
General Physics I
Physics Lab

Spring 2008: Calculus B
General Physics II
Physics Lab
Computational Physics

Fall 2008: Calculus C
Intro to Probability
Linear Algebra
Foundations of Math
Intermediate Physics Lab I

Spring 2009: Statistical Inference
Real Analysis
Complex Analysis
Abstract Algebra
Non-Euclidean Geometry
Topology
Non-Classical Physics

And there it is folks. Of course, when I get advised at orientation, they may tell me that I'm crazy. I know that last semester is going to be hell, but I don't want to have to prolong entry to grad school for a whole year because of a few missing credits. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're crazy.

But we still love and appreciate you.