img.latex_eq { padding: 0; margin: 0; border: 0; }

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Anything You Can Do I Can Do Better

Embedded in all the comments about Danika McKellar, I encountered a recommendation from Ron Avitzur over at A Programmer's Apology to read this article. It's written by a woman actively engaged in a mathematics career and is addressed to a young girl in a mostly male programming class. It is a brilliant letter and I would reproduce it in its entirety if I weren't worried about copyright ethics. Definitely check it out.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Wow, what an awesome letter. I'd like to make that required reading. I think I will post it as large as possible on my hall bulletin board. Thanks for pointing it out.
Cheryl

concernedCTparent said...

Thanks for posting that link. It should be required reading... for boys too.