img.latex_eq { padding: 0; margin: 0; border: 0; }

Monday, June 15, 2009

Certification or Bust

This past Wednesday I met with my graduate student cohort for the first time. There are roughly 20 of us and it seems we come from all walks of life. There are older professionals changing careers and eager young graduates alike. All in all, I think it's going to be good mix of personalities and perspectives.

Our first meeting was predominantly informational. We had a chance to introduce ourselves, or rather to be introduced by one of our peers. Beyond that, it was mostly paperwork and scheduling for the upcoming semester. We were given a few assignments, which I have begun exploring, and I am hoping to begin posting again at Pencils Down, as a secondary sounding board. I know I've promised that before, but this time I really mean it.

2 comments:

Dan Meyer said...

Yeah yeah yeah ...

Jackie Ballarini said...

Glad to know you're still working on Certification.