img.latex_eq { padding: 0; margin: 0; border: 0; }

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Out with the Old, In with the New

Yesterday I attended an informal luncheon for recipients of the NSF grant that is funding my graduate degree. It was a chance for the incoming class to pick the brains of those who had just graduated. The details of the program are not terribly complex, so we mostly asked them about how their student teaching placements had gone and what success they were having with the job hunt. Their answers were surprisingly varied. Some had been placed in classes with excited and engaged students who fought to answer as many questions as possible. Others were in classes where students rarely picked there heads up off their desks. Some had been accepted at the first school where they had interviewed. Others had sent out resume after resume with no success.

I suppose I had better cross my fingers.

No comments: