img.latex_eq { padding: 0; margin: 0; border: 0; }

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Tantric Topology

It what has to be my most bizarre and disturbing mathematical thought so far, I spent a good twenty minutes today in the Sexuality section of my local Borders puzzling over an illustrated copy of the Kama Sutra. After enduring many embarrassed glances from other shoppers and a few accusatory stares of employees, I satisfied myself that topologically speaking, there is really only one position, since all can be smoothly transformed into any other.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Expanding on what you said, if the Kama Sutra illustrations get applied to Knot Theory, I might be able to understand those concepts a bit better. ;) Knot Theory, anyway ;)

Rebecca said...

Good to know! Thanks for taking one for the home team by working that out. I raise my mug and salute you! Wait... maybe it was my donut!